Force Search Engines to Read Keywords
|Category||: SEO / SEM||Views||: 10364|
Search engine index means when you search your website on search engine it shows results having your site in the list of search engine results. Search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN use software called crawler to find web pages for their search results. Some pages like, shopping carts and search results from internal searches prevent crawlers to be crawled. For good ranking on search engine, first of all you should be indexed in search engine.
Now I shall tell you how to index your website in Google with in 24 hours? Go to Google search engine and enter the keyword of your site, let say it is internet marketing and search it, you will see a list of Google search results. Visit each website and notice its page rank. Find a website of page rank 5 or higher and search its link page (I shall tell you what a link is later). Contact the website for getting link to your website from one of high page rank webpage and in return you will place their link on your website. If you will be able to place your link on their website to yours then you will be indexed by the search engine quickly.
If you would be able to get 1 link from a website of PR5 to your website then you will be indexed by Google within 3 days. Similarly if you get link on PR6 then you will be indexed by Google within 24 hours. If you have your own website of high PR then place link of your new website and be indexed in search engine. Once Google search engine indexed your website then you can remove your link from you high PR website.
This was the simple method for indexing on a search engine, if you have a good website in all respect. Sometimes a website is submitted in a search engine but it is not indexed by the search engine or it takes a long time to index it. There are many reasons which prevent a webpage from being indexed in a search engine. Some of them are:
- There should be enough time for search engines to index your web pages and your website should not be already indexed. Different search engines take different time for indexing which is normally from one to eight weeks. Search engines like Altavista, Yahoo and Inktomi offer paid inclusion service to index a website quickly in its database. It is not enough to submit your website in a search engine to be at the top of search results.
- Before submitting your website to search engine you should upload your web pages completely. Some search engines don't index pages that are not linked from home page. Your home page should link to other web pages directly or indirectly. If a web page is not linked from the home page then search engine can take it as an unimportant page.
- Most of the search engines don't index text embedded in images or multimedia files and the information that is generated by Java applets, Flash files or in XML coding.
- Your pages should not take much time in loading and should not be complex. The time out is possible before spider can index the text. Keep your pages small and fast in loading for you visitors and search engine benefits. Most webmasters recommend your web page size 50kb or less.
- If you are using frames for your website content then it can create problems with submissions. It is possible that search engine index a part of your website but not the other frame. So try to develop non-framed menus or website design because they are search engine friendly.
- Some search engines give importance to external links. These search engines index your home page only; other pages are not indexed until you get one or more links from other domains. For indexing your web pages there should be external links within a specific period of time. It becomes easy to get indexed, stay indexed to achieve top ranking. So submit your site in major directories first to get listing in search engines.
- Many search engines don't index websites that are hosted on free servers like geocities or the index limited number of pages of those free websites. So you should be professional and buy your own domain from a respected web host. Because the traffic, which is generated from search engines, is more valuable from the cost that you save by getting a free hosting service provides. Free web hosts are often unreliable and they force to display banners, which send visitors away.
- If your web host is unreliable then it can create problem in indexing your web pages. Suppose when the search engine spider visits your site but your website is not responding then you will not be indexed. But if you are indexed and spider revisits your site but your site id down due to unreliability of your host then your website might be removed from their database. So keep a close eye on your web host service and uptime.
- Your website's IP should be unique because if you share IP with another website on the same server, then your IP can be banned in result of what another website did.